Mental health encompasses interpersonal relationships, social-emotional skills, behavior, learning, academic motivation, crisis prevention and response, and school safety. Each of these issues affects not only the success and well-being of the individual student but the school climate and out-comes for all students.
At Hayward Twin Oaks we offer a confidential setting where students can feel safe and supported while disclosing sensitive issues. Services include working with students individually and in groups on topics including; but not limited to:
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Effective Communication & Assertiveness
- Responsibility / Accountability
- Self-esteem & Self-awareness
- Leadership Skills
- Bullying/Cyber-bullying/Social media
- Healthy Relationships/ Healthy Boundaries
- Depression Management / Positive Self-worth / Cognitive Distortions
- Anxiety / Stress Management
- Stages of Change
- Healthy coping mechanisms
If you feel your child would benefit from any of these services or if you have any questions about counseling, confidentiality, etc., please contact the director of mental health, Melanie Carlton, at [email protected] for more information.
**Because school counseling and psychoeducation is not meant to replace personal psychotherapy, primary mental health services should be received outside of school through your primary care physician or local mental health agency. Please reach out should you need support finding services in your community.